Thursday, December 17, 2009

Typical

The Sabres lost in Ottawa? Typical. We lost a key player to injury against Ottawa? Typical.

Apparently several players had food poisoning which really sucks, pretty interesting that several of our players got struck with it when we happened to play Ottawa. I guess the hockey gods out there really enjoy our troubles against the Sens. They still went 2-1 on the road and are 7-3 in their last 10...so no need to fret, it's just getting a little frustrating that Sabres fans can pretty much write off every Sens match up as a loss.

Anyways, I was thinking about something last week... I've lived in Buffalo my whole life, and during that time I've seen my fair share of Sabres and Bills out and about in public. But you know who I've never seen? Lindayyyyy. Out of all the years of him being a coach I've never seen him outside of the rink! But that changed today while I was Christmas shopping after my final exam... Lindayyyy was doing some shopping himself. Aww, Lindy...

So I won't be seeing much of the games this weekend due to me working late on Friday and a Christmas party on Saturday, but let's hope that the Sabres grab a pair of victories to let us forget about another embarrassment in Shottawa.

If you're still a little bummed out, I'll leave you with this trailer of a movie that's coming out next year about... Babies! It looks absolutely precious and extremely interesting. Can't wait to see it!

4 comments:

Heather B. said...

I cannot WAIT to see that Babies documentary. I saw that trailer somewhere the other day. Adorable.

S.A.M. said...

Hmm... the Babies movie looks interesting.

I despise the Sens and everything about them. GRRR.

And as for Mr. Ruff, my sister and her husband used to own some Subway Restaurants in the Buffalo area and one time my sis was working in the store.. and made a sub for Lindy! I guess Hasek and Zhitnik used to come into the store all the time too, but she wouldn't have recognized them. She did know who Lindy was though! :)

Jill said...

I want to see some Sabres out in public! LOL But my only hope here would be Connolly... since he is from my area. He was here a couple of weeks ago for his old team's tourney I believe. I didn't go.

Caroline said...

Heather, I saw the preview a few months ago while I was at work (I work at a movie theatre) and I was so amazed by it! I couldn't find any info on it online, but then the other day I saw the trailer for it on YouTube and it comes out this April! :)

Sam, when I was a kid I used to go to the same dentist as Lindy's kids...but his wife used to take them. But I've never seen the good ol' coach out and about! But yesterday I recognized his voice and I looked up and I was like, "Lindayyyy!" Well not really, I didn't say anything to him, but I said it in my head haha. I probably would just laugh if I ever saw Hasek out in public...his accent kills me to this day.

Jill, I see most of them at work...and I usually don't say anything except "Have a good season!" or something like that. Except if you're Tyler Myers and you score a sick goal in the shootout...then exceptions are made.