Friday, July 9, 2010

A Midsummer Update

So it's been pretty quiet around here and I haven't addressed any of the Sabres' free agency moves, because I've been completely enamored by LeBron James and his decision on where to go. But now that his decision has been made, I can finally move on and blog. HA! Just kidding...I don't give a shit about what's his face and his hour-long specials about this groundbreaking moment in sports history.

Anyways... In summary, Toni Lydman and Henrik Tallinder are no longer Sabres. We've acquired Jordan Leopold and Rob Niedermayer, Patrick Lalime re-signed, and our Buffalo boys are going to salary arbitration for one reason or another. While none of these moves are particularly cutting-edge, Darcy has been a little more proactive than he usually is and I like adding players like Leopold and Niedermayer. It remains to be seen if their stints will be successful in Buffalo, but they seem like solid moves. Darcy doesn't go out and try and lure star players with huge contracts, which some fans hate...but I think it's more logical to make small tweaks and adjustments instead of "blowing it all up". Darcy likes to improve from within, and because of that we have seen players like Vanek and Miller become the players that they are today for our team. And we've got a group of young players like Ennis, Myers, Kennedy, and Gerbe who can hopefully follow lead.

OKAY! Now that I've somewhat addressed the moves that the Sabres front office has made so far, now it's time to talk about much more important (and fun) topics...such as Catwalk for Charity! You know, the event of the year as far as I'm concerned. This year's theme seems to be a rock-star, punk, 80s theme... Looks like I'm going to have to whip out my leather and studs and heavy eyeliner. Sounds good to me. What do you guys think Ryan would do if I showed up looking like this?


I'm k-kinda bussaaaay

Soooo...obviously I look forward to this event every year so I can't believe it's approaching already. You can guarentee as the date comes closer I'll be posting more and more about it and how excited I am for it, but until then you can always click on my "Catwalk for Charity" tag and read all about my experiences from past events, but I'm sure most of you already have.

So with all the recent Sabres news and the announcement of Catwalk for Charity V...I'm feeling preeettaaay, preeetttaaay, preeeettaaaay good about next season. I'm also enjoying my summer a whole lot and I've got the intense sunburn to prove it. SPF-whatever doesn't do shit for me and my fair Irish skin.

I feel like I've got a whole lot to say but I don't really have the time to put it together, so until then my lovely readers, I bid you adieu...

No comments: