Sunday, April 11, 2010

It IS Time!

Well, the 2009-2010 NHL regular season is officially in the books and now we move onto the PLAYOFFS. I am beyond excited. Today I also landed some tickets to Game 1, I'm just so stoked. I can't wait to arrive early and hang out with 10,000+ of my fellow Sabres fans and then enjoy the game with 18,000+ inside of the HSBC Arena.

The Sabres tried to overtake the Devils in the standings today, but came up short... But Lalime tripped a referee in the process so everything's okay. So that means that we're taking on the Bruins in the first round. I've never been one to make predictions and I'm not going to start now. All I know is that it's the playoffs and anything can happen...it makes for extremely exciting and nerve wracking games. Boston has got solid defense and grit, and Tuuka Rask is having one hell of a season. It will be interesting to see how he does in the postseason. A good core of our players have competed in the playoffs, most of them have done it together on the Sabres. Then we have rookies like Myers, Ennis, and Kennedy who haven't yet experienced the playoffs in the NHL. Although Vanek has only been back for two games, he's really been on FIYAH by scoring 4 goals in Ottawa and the Sabres' only goal in New Jersey. And then there's that one goalie we have who played like a CRAZY JACKED UP EARTHY JESUS HIPPY in both the 05-06 and 06-07 playoffs, and he's also been having a career year this season with a phenomenal Olympic run in the process. SO it should be fun to see how everything all shakes out.

Last year I mentioned my appreciation for hockey's playoff beard tradition and I said that I was sad that I wasn't able to wear my God Bless Beards t-shirt due to the Sabres missing the playoffs the past two years. Well my friends, that has all changed. I am so excited that I get to rock this awesome amazing t-shirt all while supporting the Sabres at the same time.


Thanks for the new shirt, Jeff!

If you want to pick one of these bad boys up, you can buy one here. A portion of the proceeds is donated to the Sabres Foundation as well so you're supporting the team in more ways than one!

So wearing a t-shirt commemorating playoff beards somewhat fills the void of my inability to grow one, but Anne also gave me an idea on how to cope with my beard envy! Painting my nails blue and gold. Genius, I tell you. So today I ran out and got some blue & gold nail polish and I also got some blue & gold face paint, so I could decorate my mug with some war paint to show my ultimate support for our boys who don the blue & gold and battle on the ice to compete for the Stanley Cup. Awww yeaaaah....



Let the games begin!!

1 comment:

LaBlague said...

Hi great reaading your blog