Thursday, January 14, 2010

All By Myselfffff

Well, jesus... This four day break from Sabres hockey has been the longest four day break that I have ever experienced. Well maybe not, but it's been pretty long and I can't even remember the last game. Actually, that's a lie...it was a nice rally against the Avs that ended in an 11-round shootout loss. But you understand what I'm trying to say.

These few weeks are going to lonely times because our beloved Sabres are going to be on the road, leaving their devoted fanbase back in the Buff which is now going through a balmy heat wave with temperatures reaching up to a scorching 38˚F. So instead of basking in our little slice of paradise that is Buffalo in mid-January, they are going to be hanging out on the West Siiidee of the country. Whatever. Can't you just hear the song "All By Myself" playing through out the lonely, dark, empty locker room of the HSBC Arena? Maybe I'm just the only weirdo out there that always relates certain situations to certain songs, but I bet if the walls of the Sabres locker room could cry, it would be shedding some tears right about now. Sometimes I feel so insecure, and love's so distant and obscure...

I guess I don't have to worry about risking my job for a few weeks, now that I know there won't be any Sabres strolling in together on bro dates or with their lady friends. Livin' alone, I think of all the friends I've known... So sad. I also won't be able to hear any funny stories from my friends who also work at the mall about them being on the phone with certain wonky eyebrowed goalies looking to place an article of clothing on hold for himself...and then when asked what his name is he gives an awkward, "Errr, the last name is M-I-L-L-E-R...first name, Ryan." response. When I dial the telephone, nobody's home... All by myselfffff.

So during this four day break, it's been kind of hard updating my blog considering there hasn't been any news, plus I am still trying to come to terms with the fact that the Sabres are going to out of town for two weeks. I suppose I could have commented on Lindy going all Soviet Russia on us and trying this new 5-man unit technique or about how Alex Burrows and the Vancouver Canucks got shafted during a game because Burrows apparently hurt a ref's feelings in a previous game. But, nah... I think I want to address more pressing issues at hand:



The other day I was watching the news and they were showing footage of the Sabres practicing during the sports report, and Miller was sporting the mask pictured above. Not sure if they were using old footage, or if he is going back to wearing the mask (for the second half of the season? For the West Coast trip? For-ev-uhrr?)...or maybe my eyes were deceiving me and he wasn't even wearing it. I tend to get a little crazy if I don't get my Sabres hockey fix... You guys should see me in the summer. I get violent shakes and chills, it's pretty gross. I guess we'll have to wait and see until the Thrashers game before we can be sure. But until then, this issue is going to keep me up at night.

On a completely unrelated note, tonight I saw the cutest French band at Spot Coffee! They had clarinets and accordians and everything. A kazoo even made an appearence. And then I got invited to a pot luck tomorrow where they will be performing. It's my first pot luck ever and I'm pretty excited. What does one exactly bring to a pot luck? For some reason I picture a lot of casseroles and potato salad.

4 comments:

Jill said...

HAHA!!! I can't see him walking into the mall... he would get mobbed! LOL

Poor guy... he just wants his fashionable clothes.

I am gong through withdrawals myself :( So glad I can get my fix tonight. They better win dammit!

Caroline said...

Hahaha I was at the movies the other day and the lobby was PACKED and I saw Clarke MacArthur...and my brother was like, "You should scream, 'HEY, ISN'T THAT CLARKE MACARTHUR?!'" Then we started talking if it had been Ryan Miller and how it probably would have resulted in a mob scene if I would have yelled his name...I probably would have gotten arrestede for inciting a riot.

Unknown said...

You're not alone. I did see Miller wearing the other mask on the news, and at first I thought he was breaking in a new one for the Olympics or something.

I have only ever seen Goose out and about. I must not go to the right places. Heh.

Caroline said...

OMG yeah it could be an Olympic mask. I bet that's it.

Pshhh you're not going to the wrong places if it's somewhere that the Goose frequents.