Monday, January 25, 2010

39er

So with the recent heat wave going around Buffalo and the first day of the Spring semester starting tomorrow (which I have mixed feelings about), I could swear that it's not January, but perhaps maybe March or April. But of course I was reminded that it was in fact late January considering I celebrated a birthday on the 23rd...

For as long as I can remember my grandfather has made personalized cards for my family...for my younger brother it usually shows him playing football, for my older brother it usually has to do with him making music or writing, and for me, it's usually something that pertains to either the Sabres/Ryan Miller, Marilyn Monroe, or photography. Well apparently he caught wind of me being apart of the blogosphere...



You probably can't tell from that picture...but if you look closely, Ryan Miller was drawn with a wonky eyebrow. Perfection.

So the Western road trip always seems to be a worry for Sabres fans, and it seems as though that worrisome feeling is starting to creep in after the loss to the Sharks. Although the Sabres lost to Anaheim and the Kings, I'd still consider them "character" games... The comeback against Anaheim was pretty amazing and the Sabres played one hell of a game against the Kings and it was unfortunate that they couldn't take the second point in the shootout. But after the Sharks loss it seems as though the fans are looking at our record so far on this road swing and it's not as successful as one would hope. If we do win against Vancouver, the highest amount of points we can get is 8 out of 14. Still above .500, but not spectacular. The schedule isn't going to get any easier, although at least there won't be another two week road trip. I think fans will feel a whole lot better about the road trip if the Sabres can get a win in Vancouver.

Speaking of Vancouver...the Olympics are going to be upon us soon and I'm getting pretty excited. And it looks like Miller is going back to his college days and wearing number 39 for the games. Some fans were wondering what number he was going to be wearing since he and Tim Thomas both wear number 30, and I pondered the idea of him going back to 39, I think it's pretty cool just because it reminds me of his days as a Spartan, you know, ~vintage Ryan~. Team USA's jerseys look pretty snazzy, too... You know I'm going to have to pick me up one of those, with Miller's name and number donning the back, of course.


gourjusss


NOT Photoshopped

Can't wait to get my hands on one of those sexy jerseys.

3 comments:

Shelby said...

I love the card! That is the cutest idea ever. :)

Jill said...

Fantastic card!!!

Yay for 39er!

Caroline said...

Thanks! :)