Saturday, November 29, 2008

Ready, Set, GOOOSEEEEE!



Well, that was a great game to be at. I'm telling you, it's those jerseys. The Sabres feel so sexy when they wear them that they are on top of the world.

I was so glad to see Gaustad get his first two tonight. I love it when he scores! It's just so much fun. And it was also good to see Stafford net two after he's been criticized this season. One thing I have to say is how terrible the officiating was, yet again. That boarding call on Kaleta was bullshit. That was a clean check. And the non-call when the Pens had too many men on the ice was terrible. Refs, you have to make those calls.

I was very impressed with the Sabres killing off the long 5-on-3 in the start of the third. After Crosby scored that late second period goal I thought to myself, "Here we go...". I thought that if the Pens scored on their two man advantage that it would have been hard to come back after that. It would have been another one of those frustrating losses where we played good the entire game but ended up losing. But, alas. The Sabres killed off the 5-on-3 and killed off any momentum that the Pens had. They really poured it on after that and GOOOSEEEE put us up late in the period to seal the win. Max looked good too. I was watching him during the play that lead up to Stafford's first and I was just thinking, "Come on Max! Don't turn it over, pleaseeeee." and his play directly resulted in Stafford's goal. Atta boy, Max!

Miller made some good saves, especially the one at the end of the game on Crosby I think. It was also funny seeing Crosby lose his temper after the net came loose. Poor baby. It was funny watching the team all bombard Miller after the win that poor little Ryan lost his balance a few times and slipped. But he had his buddies there supporting him so he didn't do a face plant on the ice.

Oh and I have added The Program to my blogroll. I've exchanged e-mails with one of the bloggers, Rick, and he's a big Sabres fan. It's a cool blog with a lot of news going on around the league. Rick also co-hosts a blog radio show where various hockey bloggers come on and just talk hockey. So check it out!

Nice win for us Sabres fans. And I just love the fact that they play Sweet Caroline (my song!) after a Sabres victory. It's fun for me. Bring on the Habs!

9 comments:

Jael said...

Nothing feels better than doing the fist pumps to "Sweet Caroline" in the waning minutes of a hockey game. They always break it out as soon as it becomes obvious that the Sabres are going to win. <3

Caroline said...

I knowwww :D. I just love that they picked that song. When they play it, I just want to announce to the entire arena; "HEY!!! MY NAME IS CAROLINE. THIS IS MY SONG!"

Rachael said...

It was also funny seeing Crosby lose his temper after the net came loose.

hahahaha that was great!

R

Jill said...

Crosby is a douche bag that displays douche baggery...

I loved how they messed with Miller liked that! It was so funny! I don't think they would have let him fall on his face... at least I hope they wouldn't have!

Caroline said...

It's always cute seeing how excited they all get when they win a game and how they all rally around each other and jump around. I love those boys. :')

Katebits said...

Aw, look at how cute Goose and Mancari look together. I hope Mancari stays.

Caroline said...

Me too. He's been trying to make the squad for awhile now and he's been really impressive during his time up here.

Shelby said...

The officiating was so awful Friday night. I'm surprised I still had a voice yesterday after yelling at them so much, haha.

I'm glad we both got to watch them win in person! (:

Unknown said...

Mancari is my official mancrush...everyone else, step off, I saw his epic skillzorz first! lol