Wednesday, April 20, 2011

GAME FOURRAH SHENANIGANS

So I'm all frazzled and excited by tonight's win, so instead of attempting to write a cohesive, fluid blog entry, I'm going to try and seperate my thoughts in categories.

First off (should you be surprised?)...

Ryan Miller:

How amazing was he?! Just solid all around and he made some superb saves, especially the one on Briere. And that means ANOTHER shutout! I love shutouts. Who doesn't right? I know Miller has had is doubters all season long, but time and time again he shows that he is a world class goalie, and yes, world class goalies can play sub-par or just bad games sometimes. But that wasn't the case tonight.

I loved at one point it sounded like Rick Jeanneret was going to say, "OH MY GOD!" over a Miller save, but instead he said, "OH MY RYAN MILLER." Fitting.

Speaking of quotes, I loved what Miller had to say when he was asked about his critics as of late:

"I don't need to listen to all the BS that's out there from people who don't know how to play goalie. I really don't give a [expletive]."
Preach it, Ryan.

And how about his mustache and sideburns? I'd like to think it's a tribute to Rick Martin.


Behold the power of the stache and sideburns.

And have you seen his new mask?


Photo taken from Ray Bishop's Facebook fan page.

Love the "Buffalo" that's been inserted on the chin!

Patrick Kaleta:

I just loved him tonight. Except for when he lost an edge and dislodged the net late in the 3rd... But other than that. He was just being himself tonight. He drew a 5 minute penalty when Richards dangerously elbowed him when Kaleta was going in to hit him. I doubt Richards will get anything beyond that 5 minute major, but I'm glad it was called. May have not been an intent to injure but he saw Kaleta coming and lead with his elbow. Dangerous play.

Also, did anyone notice that when Zherdev pinned up against the Sabres bench, Kaleta opened the door which caused Zherdev to fall in? Hilarious. Classic Patty K.

Superstitions in the playoffs:

I'm definitely not a superstitious person, but I can't help but be in the playoffs. Just a little bit... I'll change where I sit in my living room, I'll take off/put on my jersey, small things like that. My brother stayed in and watched the game with us during Game 1, but went out and watched Games 2 and 3 with his friends. So he decided he'd stay in and watch the game tonight since we won the last time he did that, and well...we won 1-0. Coincidence? I think NOT.

Hating players and loving it:

The hatred that a seven-game playoff series can bring out is pretty awesome if you think about it. Seeing all the players boil over after the buzzer in the 3rd really showed how much these teams are growing to hate each other. It will be interesting to how Game 5 will start off...

So far, the players that I hate the most this series is Carcillo and Hartnell. I mean, just look at them, how can you NOT hate them? They're gross and I hate them.



Well that was my attempt at organizing my random thoughts somehow, I don't know how it worked out...but that's my post game analysis. See ya after Game 5.

No comments: