Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Next Richard Avedon*

Hockey is still a few weeks away, but to get us psyched up, the NHL is holding a media tour in NYC over the next few days. The event is super ~exclusive~, as only 20 of the NHL's best (and most marketable) were invited. So to find out that Ryan Miller was in attendance was clearly no shock to anyone.

But how awesome was it to find out that he was going to photographing his fellow NHLers for a Vanity Fair photoshoot? Oh, to be a fly on the wall during the photoshoot... I don't know if the pictures are going to be in an issue of Vanity Fair or on their website, but all I know is that I can't wait to see the photos once they surface. Who would have thought that the NHL could persuade me into buying a Vanity Fair magazine? Well done, NHL marketers, well done.

So with the media tour wrapping up, that leaves us with only a few days until Puck Drop. Even though it's been several months since we've watched the Sabres take the ice, I still can't believe that hockey season is pratically here. I'm super stoked about Saturday's festivities, and I'll try to take some good shots of the guys on the ice and post a recap of the events!

* If you don't know who Richard Avedon is, I highly suggest you check out his photographs on his website.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Im going to need this magazine! Let me know when its out! YAY!

Caroline said...

Yes when I find out information about it I will let you know!

Jill said...

I knew I could count on my Caroline :)