Friday, January 1, 2010

USA! USA! USA!

Ladies and gentlemen... I give you Team USA's goaltender for the 2010 Winter Olympics:



I'm so excited! I know Ryan was pretty much a shoe-in, but it's still exciting when it's official. I'm so proud of him and it's going to be so much fun watching him compete in such a big spotlight. The Olympics are a special time, and it's always fun to tune in, even if you're not a sports fan. I think people get caught up in it regardless because it gives people a sense of unity, and I think the Olympics are one of those times where people can put aside their differences for a few weeks and just have fun with it. I really got involved with the 2008 Summer Games and I'm pretty stoked for February, especially now that we know that our beloved wonky eyebrowed goalie is going to be there representing the stars and stripes.

I don't know if this was Ryan's expression when he first got news that he was named to the roster, but this was basically my reaction when I got the text message:



So congratulations, Ryan! You've really earned it and I'm vurrry excited and proud to know that you'll be representing USA...I'm sure you'll do us proud!

This post would be nothing without the official seal of approval...

No comments: