Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Sabres Are Never Winning Another Game

Never ever ever ever. Really though, doesn't it feel like that? When Miller went down and we got off to a shaky start which bumped us out of the top 8, I really thought that this team had it in them to regain the ground that they lost to put themselves back into a good position. Even when many fans counted them out because things started looking pretty bleak, I said to myself, "Maybe it will just take one win." One win to have them regain some confidence. Put some swagger back into their stride. But now when this team goes into every game I just say to myself, "Can they even win?" Whenever they face an opponent I feel that we've got the disadvantage, regardless of either teams records. Makes you wonder how many of the players in the locker room have acquired the same defeatist attitude during this losing streak which could attribute to their losses.

It's pretty upsetting, because this team really showed promising signs of them capable of being contenders that could pull together a nice playoff run. Looks like we're just facing the inevitable now, and that being that this team will miss the playoffs two years in a row. It's pretty harsh thinking about, especially considering that the majority of our guys, our "core", were all there during those two great years directly following the lockout. It seems like this team has a lot of pieces, but apparently they don't have everything to complete the puzzle. As much as I look forward to the summer because it's my favorite season, I am not looking forward to another long offseason. After two straight years of the playoffs, last offseason seemed really long and I was sooo ready for hockey to start up again. I'm not too thrilled about going through that again this summer. But what can you do... They're my team and I'll still be watching every game for the rest of the season hoping for the best but expecting the worst. I'll be there buying my tickets for next season in hopes that I see my favorite team succeed. That will never change.

So I've been trying to cheer myself up lately since the Sabres have been really doing a good job at bumming me out and pissing me off. Yesterday I went to one of the best stores ever and that's Target. I don't care if I become a multi-millionaire one day, Target and I will always be tight. I love that store! I found these really cute sandals there that I bought and I've been wearing them every chance that I get. I don't care if it drops down to 20 degrees, I'll still be sporting my sandals in hopes that the spring weather is here to stay until summer rolls around. I also went to Wegmans today and I bought some sushi, dolmas (stuffed grape leaves), and some Burt's Bees chapstick. Okay I think I've already confessed my undying love to Burt's Bees products but I have to say it again. I love that stuff.


I'll take 5 of everything, please.

So a trip to Target and Wegmans really did cheer me up...yes I am a woman who enjoys the simple pleasures in life. Another thing that cheered me up was a nice Indian dinner last night. I went out with my friend to Kabab & Curry in East Amherst and it really was a tough choice. The Rangers had just scored to put the Sabres down 3-1, and my friend really wanted to go out for Indian. I made the decision to turn the TV off and go out, and I really felt guilty. Like I was cheating on my boyfriend or something...I never miss a hockey game if I can help it. I usually make watching hockey my main priority and I try not to make plans that interfer with a game, but really...I couldn't do with another disappointing night. So I went out with my friend and enjoyed a nice dinner. I receieved a text message from Sabres.com telling me the final scored and I just rolled my eyes and sort of expected that they'd be dealt another loss. What else is new, right?

Speaking of good food, are any of you going to participate in Restaurant Week this week? A bunch of local restaurants offer select menu items to the public for just $20.09, given that it's the year 2009 (thanks, Phil). It's a real good opportunity to go out and eat at all the unique restaurants that Buffalo has to offer, especially the ones that aren't in your price range normally. Personally I've got my eye on Shango. I drive past it a lot and I've never gotten around to eating there. Their course offering is pretty tempting. I've also been really wanting to eat at Sample because I've heard really good things about it, so now would be a good chance to go there. And of course, I'll have to stop in Taro's No Good, Rotten Cafe!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Your welcome, Caro. Maybe I'll see you out at Shango or Sample on Thursday!

Caroline said...

Your welcome, Caro. Maybe I'll see you out at Shango or Sample on Thursday!

Hopefully! But I might be too busy boozing it up at Taro's. :D

Jill said...

Your right... they will NEVER EVER EVER NEVER win another damn hockey game again...

Hear that hockey gods? Fuck you!

Jill said...

OK I feel better now...

I love Target! <3 We have the best Pharmacy guy... Mr. Bill. I used to see him all the time because of my issues with my health but now that we are mail order (grrr) I hardly do. We go visit him though and he loves to see Cait.

Caroline said...

That's cute that you still go and visit him. That sort of reminds me that sometimes I'll see my bus driver from high school driving around and I really want to get on the bus and say hi because he was the sweetest old man! But It probably would be creepy for me to get on a bus full of high school kids just to say hi to my old bus driver haha.