Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Hells Yeah...

Solid, solid win tonight. Not quite the start we wanted, but they say that the first game home after a road trip can be hard. It was a nice physical game with some nice fights courtesy of Adam Mair and Paul Gaustad. Gerbe is a fiesty little guy and I'm loving him taking the hits and even dishing some out as well. Awesome. It seems I get more and more impressed with Thomas Vanek every time I see him play. He sure is a forced to be reckoned with and every goalie should fear that man. It's not even his goal scoring that's making me impressed with him. His hustle and his defensive effort really needs to be applauded. I'm loving him right now.

Miller again was great. Some real clutch saves to keep his team in the lead and a few nice stops on breakaways. Kudos to Ryan. What was up with that delay of game call though? I wasn't aware that a goalie could get called on a delay of game when he freezes the puck with his glove. I've never seen that before. Ryan said that the ref skated over to him afterwords and said that he "probably shouldn't have called that"...I guess that's better than the ref telling him to go fuck himself so I'll take it. I also didn't like how Kotalik was called for that hit on an icing when the Lightning got away with one earlier in the game. I guess the refs just wanted to make it interesting...or give Pominville the opportunity to score a shorthanded empty-netter goal. Either way.

Well it sure was a very satisfying win and I'm glad our boys have put up a very nice little win streak here. I've been really loving the way they have won these games and how they have battled back. Sure, you don't want your team to go down by a couple of goals but they battled and worked hard to dig themselves out of the holes that they dug and they picked up some nice victories. Good for them.

Sorry for the short update, but I have a final paper to write and I need to study for my mega hard and important music final exam tomorrow. I'll make it up to you by leaving you, my readers, with this lovely picture of former President Bill Clinton and Ryan Miller's skinny legs. Loves it.

10 comments:

Shelby said...

Good luck with your exam, Caroline!
Also, thank you for showing us that picture. Ryan and his skinny legs, awww. <3

S.A.M. said...

that pic is hilarious. What is up with Mr. Clinton's sweater? Seriously? HAHA.

and Miller's legs are skinny they look like they'll break if he stands up. EAT SOMETHING!

good luck with your test and paper. :)

Caroline said...

Good luck with your exam, Caroline!
Also, thank you for showing us that picture. Ryan and his skinny legs, awww. <3

Thank you! Bahaha he's so cute, skinny legs and all. :)

Caroline said...

that pic is hilarious. What is up with Mr. Clinton's sweater? Seriously? HAHA.

and Miller's legs are skinny they look like they'll break if he stands up. EAT SOMETHING!

good luck with your test and paper. :)

Check out Ryan eyeing Bill's sweater...I think someone's a little jealous.

Ryan's skinnyness is all part of his charm.

And thanks a lot! :)

Jill said...

My hubby is skinny like that... yummm. I heart men like that... nice muscle tone... lean... I better stop... LOL!

Good God that sweater makes babies cry... take it off... oh wait don't! Cover that crap up! UGH!

Caroline said...

My hubby is skinny like that... yummm. I heart men like that... nice muscle tone... lean... I better stop... LOL!

Good God that sweater makes babies cry... take it off... oh wait don't! Cover that crap up! UGH!


Jill you know the secret then. Skinny men are...how do I say this delicately...very well equipt? Just something that I've picked up on. A lot of girls I know will see a skinny guy and be like, "Oh he'd be hotter if he wasn't so skinny." I guess they haven't discovered the ~secret~ yet... ;)

Bill's sweater brings the lulz.

Jill said...

Skinny men are...how do I say this delicately...very well equipt?

Ummm... yes I do know the secret and it's a BIG secret... and the secret is safe with me... and hubby ready this and said ohhh boy! LMAO!

And if Miller is anything like hubby he eats ALL the time. Hubby has been a 32 X 34 6ft 155 to 160lbs since I have met him that was about 13 years ago... jerk. And the amount of food he consumes is insane... I am baffled by it. Oh and don't forget the beer. He maybe thin but he can drink with the best of them.

Caroline said...

Hahaha yes, it sure is quite a big secret. ;)

I'm sure Ryan eats a lot especially since he's a professional athlete and his weight becomes an issue as the season progresses and he drops a few pounds. I remember in October I saw him eating a turkey sandwhich and some soup. I remembered what he got because we ordered the same exact thing. Even though I ordered first, he got his meal before I did probably because he's a ~celebrity~ and all. Ahh, fond memories...

It's not fair for us ladies how we eat a slice of pizza and gain 5 pounds by the end of the day yet a guy can eat half his weight in junk food and still look the same. No fair at all.

Anne said...

Why does Lalime have 2 masks? Anyway, yeah I'm definitely tired of these "go down by 2 or 3" starts. BUT if we win those anyway, I suppose I'm okay with them... but only in hindsight. At the time, they're brutal.

Caroline said...

Why does Lalime have 2 masks? Anyway, yeah I'm definitely tired of these "go down by 2 or 3" starts. BUT if we win those anyway, I suppose I'm okay with them... but only in hindsight. At the time, they're brutal.

I'm not sure. Maybe they fit slightly differently and he's trying to get a feel to see which one feels the less wonky. Or maybe it's just a case of a goalie being their weird selves. I think I've seen two masks in Miller's stall as well.

Yeah I don't like seeing them going down by a few goals either. But in the past I'd be watching and I'd be saying to myself, "Here we go again..." but lately even though they were down by a few I still had confidence that they could come back just because of the way they looked.